The EU-XCEL Challenge Final took place on November 3rd in Cork, Ireland. The 12 finalists of all the Start-up Scrums pitched their ideas in front of a closed-session judging panel consisting of:
- Bruno Dureux, Managing Partner, BAL Partners, Spain
- Francesco Benincasa, Investment Advisor PJ Tech Catalyst Fund, Athens & London and CEO, Gorithmic, London & New York
- Kate O’Keeffe, Technical Training Manager, VMware, Cork
- Dr Kevin Marshall, Head of Education, Microsoft Ireland
- Marcin Jan Fejfer, Investment Manager, SpeedUp Venture Capital Group, Poland
- Martin Corkery, Regional Manager, Entreprise Ireland
- Katarzyna Wlaz, Capital Investment Co-ordinator, Poland
The 12 finalists taking part in the Challenge Final were SensusCare, CRAW.ly, DataMine, NearBuyNow, SpeechAngel, Nammy, Soceed, Too Too, Tamaze, BeSpaced, ABLE and WeQ4U.
The winners of the prizes are:
1st place: WeQ4U
WeQ4U replaces theme parks’ physical queues with virtual ones, providing visitors with a better experience. The prize is 5000 euros.
2nd place: DataMine
DataMine empowers researchers in the fields of medicine, pharmaceutical, life sciences and biotechnology to cure the most devastating diseases-cancer, stroke, and heart diseases. The prizes is 3000 euros.
3rd place: CRAW.ly
Craw.ly is a retail-price watch tool for manufacturers of consumer goods.